Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Pages and Files
Book Study Suggestions
VA Standards-Based Resources
UDL & The Brain
UDL Principles & Guidelines
UDL & Differentiation
UDL & Technology
UDL & Assessment
UDL Lesson Planning
UDL Lesson Planning for Secondary Grades
UDL & The Future
VDOE SOL Resources
Add "All Pages"
Principles, Guidelines, & Checkpoints Exploration Activities
1. Move with your table group from poster to poster.
2. At each poster discuss the guideline and what you think it might look like in practice.
3. Use the markers to add key words and phrases that you think might relate to each guideline.
4. If you agree with a key word or phrase added by another group, put a star nex to it with your colored marker.
5. Return to your table.
6. Explore & discuss the graphic organizers at your table.
7. WHOLE GROUP DISCUSSION
What do you notice about the graphic organizers?
How might this represent the principles of Universal Design for Learning?
8. Look at the specific checkpoints on the table tents at your table.
9. Discuss where they fit into the UDL principles and guidelines.
10.CHECKPOINT EXPLORATION DEMONSTRATION
Each person should take one of the checkpoint post-its and explore it online.
12. Share what you learned with your table group.
13. Select one checkpoint and resource from your table to share with the whole group.
WHOLE GROUP SHOW & TELL
15. Take your post-its with the checkpoints on them and place them on the appropriate posters.
16. Use a completed graphic organizer to check your own placement and the placements made by other groups.
17. Take note of whether or not the key words and phrases written on the posters match the actual checkpoints.
18. WHOLE GROUP DISCUSSION
Were the key words and phrases written on the posters on target?
How did this activity represent the principles of Universal Design for Learning?
How could you apply this type of activity to your own content?
Who might this type of activity help access the curriculum?
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"